A Stage Full of Creativity & Talents
The highly anticipated annual Beijing Dance Festival (BDF) is coming!
The 2017 BDF is scheduled to take place from July 18 to 30. It is one of the biggest dance celebration in Beijing and among cities in China. More than 250 dance artists, close to 200 dance students and more than 5500 audiences congregate in Beijing every summer. These participants come from cities throughout China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Asia, as well as from North & Central American, Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia across the world.
The Beijing Dance Festival is presented and jointly-organized by the BeijingDance/LDTX and Hong Kong’s City Contemporary Dance Company (CCDC). Together with the Guangdong Dance Festival, it has become one of the biggest contemporary dance network in China. The two-week Beijing Dance Festival is comprised of a dance camp during the first week of Education Week, followed by a series of performances after performances during the second week of Performance Week.
The Performance Week is composed of three modules: Focus, Springboard and Youth Dance Marathon.
The Youth Dance Marathon (YDM) is an open platform especially catered for young choreographer to showcase his/her original works. It now opens to accept submission.
From now until May 15, 2017
· Professional dance/arts group
· Individual dancers
· Contemporary dance aficionado/aficionada
1. Original choreography of an individual/non-group that has not yet been performed at YDM before
2. Piece completed not work-in-progress
3. No longer than 15 mins duration
4. Subject is open while it does not offend the standing law of the People’s Republic of China
Accepted works will be announced before/around June 15. Please look out on Festival’s web site, WeChat and Weibo.
All participants of accepted YDM works are required to pay a registrations fees of RMB 1000 per person.This fee includes attendance to the 11 performances and activites of Performance Week of 2017 Beijing Dance Festival.
· Charges will be waived if participant is also attending the Dance Camp two-weeks category
· Enjoy 50% off class fees on enrolling in the 2017 Beijing Dance Festival’s masterclasses
1. Visit www.beijingdancefestival.com , click on Youth Dance Marathon online enrolment and fill-out the online form
Please specify if participant is already registered for the Dance Camp under two-weeks category.
2. Upon submission, Festival Organizing Committee will contact applicant via e-mail within two days
3. Applicant must provide all required materials through designated channels by May 15
a) Video of the complete piece
b) Title, brief introduction (less than 200 words) of the piece
c) Two picture of the piece (jpeg format of at least 1Mb each)
d) ID/Passport scan/copy of each and every participants of the group
4. Applicant are required to complete fees payment within one-week of selection result notification.
Note: All required contents as mentioned above must be received by the Festival Office before May 15, otherwise application will be void.
Applicants are to handle on own his/her hotel/housing during the YDM performance. Festival Organizing Committee will provide information about theatre nearby hotel info for reference and pursue.
1. Participants of accepted works will be considered as 2017 Beijing Dance Festival’s Youth Dance Marathon Artists and are required to follow Festival Organizing Committee’s assignment and scheduling as provided by the organizer
2. Festival Organizing Committee will handle all publicity, planning, organization and promotion of the accepted works.
3. Festival Organizing Committee will provide performance venue and technical support (Standard rig, lighting and sound system).
4. If invitation letter (for visa or funding application purpose) is required, please contact Festival Organizing Committee via e-mail on email@example.com
Beijing Dance Festival Office / BeijingDance/LDTX
No. 16 Xiadianchangpochun Road, Xidawang Road, BeijingDance/LDTX Postal Code: 100022
(near Beijing Advertising Place, enter 7 Days Inn & make an immediate right to go inside of courtyard. Subway Line 1 or Line 14 DaWang Road Station, Exit B)
Tel：+86 (10) 6405-4292 / +86 (10) 6405-4842 x8022